Here is a helpful video on completing your Practice Setup or you may continue with written instructions below: Practice Setup Video
2) Complete each field as applicable and click “Save” when you’re finished.
- The BILLING Address is where payments and EOBs are sent unless you enter a PAY TO Address. The Billing Address is used on Client Invoices. You must use a 9 digit zip code for all addresses in the Practice Setup.
- The PAY TO Address is used if you wish to use a P.O. Box or alternate address for your EOBs or checks. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Insurance Form - Choose the color that you would like the paper insurance forms printed in. The data on the forms will always print in black.
- Subscription Option - Choose what features you would like to use in My Clients Plus.
- Print Scaling, Horizontal Adjust and Vertical Adjust are used to adjust the placement of data on the CMS 1500 02/12 Pre-Printed Form for the generation of paper claims.
Print Adjustment Values:
The three Pre-Printed Form adjustment values are:
Print Scaling -- Print Scaling controls the spacing BETWEEN the lines. It works much like the zoom on a camera. A number greater than 100 will increase the spacing between the lines and a number less than 100 will reduce the spacing between the lines (somewhere between 96-102). Not all providers need to adjust print scaling.
Horizontal Adjustment -- This is a number between -5.0 and 5.0 that allows you to move the data on the form side-to-side relative to normal. A positive number will move the data to the right and a negative number will move the data to the left. Adjustments to horizontal will typically be very small like .2 to move the data 1/16th of an inch to the right.
Vertical Adjustment -- This is a number between -5.0 and 5.0 that allows you to move the data on the form up and down relative to normal. A positive number will move the data up and a negative number will move the data further down. This setting is usually -1 to - 2.5.
Some tips for setting the Print Adjustment Values:
1.Create a new dummy session and invoice it each time a change is made in the Practice Setup alignment adjustments so you can test the alignment.
2.Work on Print Scaling first. Do not adjust vertical or horizontal until the Print Scaling is correct.