When you need to refund a client for a credit amount on their account, you would:
- Click on Payments Received and Adjustments.
- Enter a New Item.
- Choose 'From Client'.
- Choose the Client.
- In the total amount box at the top, enter the amount of the Refund (it will be a negative amount) and then enter the refund check number and date.
- Enter a note in Reference "Refund of $x amount"
- Click on the hand next to the session to be refunded (should have a negative billed charge). If you are refunding only a portion, enter the portion that you are not refunding in the Carry Forward box.
- Click Apply Payment, this will take the client's account back to $0.
- Click Update Account Balances.